In order to become PRO you must satisfy the following criteria:
- You are not PAN-eligible.
- You have completed a single romance novel of 40, 000 words or more not including short stories, poetry or novellas.
- You have submitted your work to a literary agent or a non-Subsidy/non-Vanity romance publisher.
Once you have determined that you have met that criteria, you need to
- Go to the RWA website and print out an application
- Mail completed application, a copy of your completed manuscript (paper or CD), and one of the following:
- Electronic or paper copy of correspondence from any RWA-eligible agent or a non-Subsidy/non-Vanity publisher that acknowledges they received your work or reviewed it.
- A copy of the signature page of a contract for the sale of a romantic work that would not make you PAN-eligible.
- OR proof that you mailed your manuscript with the addressee indicated.
All materials are mailed to:
Romance Writers of America
Attn: RWA PRO
14615 Benfer Road
Houston, TX 77069
Or fax to 832-717-5201
If you have a question you can also call the National Office at 832-717-5200 or contact your GRW pro liaison at PROLiaison@georgiaromancewriters.org.
Would you like to get more information straight from the horse’s mouth? A great deal of this information was either quoted from or paraphrased from the RWA web site.