Romance Writers of America (“GRW”) respects the intellectual property of others. Users who believe that their intellectual property rights have been infringed through the on-line services provided by GRW may contact GRW through their authorized agent and request that the infringing material be removed or access to it blocked.
GRW’s designated “Agent for Notice” of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
Proper notification of copyright infringement must be sent to GRW’s Agent for Notice (as designated above) and must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please place the following label, “Notice of Infringement,” in the subject line of all such communications to GRW.
GRW will promptly remove or disable access to materials that are the subject of a proper DMCA notification and notify the user responsible for the material about said removal.
Users who believe that their material has been removed by mistake or are not in violation of copyright should provide GRW with a counter-notification that contains the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- The subscribers’ name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or above, or an agent of such person.
Upon receipt of such material, GRW will restore the material and provide the counternotification to the party who issued the notification.
GRW reserves the right to terminate the accounts of, or access to specific services offered by GRW to, users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others.