This award is named after chapter founder and all around amazing woman, Sandra Anglin Chastain. Short-term hard work doesn’t earn the award, but rather a body of hard work over a long period of time accompanied by enduring love for GRW. In order to earn this award, a member must meet the following criteria:
- Have been a member for a minimum of three years
- A recipient can’t have already earned the award (except for Sandra herself who has earned it twice!)
- Immediate past presidents are ineligible
- Must be a member in good standing of GRW and RWA
The Sandra award is given at the Maggie Ceremony during the Moonlight and Magnolia’s Conference after having been voted on by a special committee.
Committee Voting Requirements:
- Former recipients of the award serve on the committee.
- Must be members in good standing with RWA and GRW.
- Only members in good standing who meet the eligibility requirements shall be notified that the selection process has begun.
- Must attend at least 5 meetings per year (so as to be aware of who is volunteering).
- Voting is done by secret ballot, and the results will be kept secret with only the committee chairperson and co-chair aware of the final results.
- Maximum number of awards per year—no more than 3.