The purpose of the Nancy Knight Mentorship Award is to recognize published GRW members who have gone above and beyond the call of duty to aid unpublished members on the road to publication. This award is given in the spirit of Nancy Knight, who has given so generously of her time to mentor countless GRW members.
Criteria for the Nancy Knight Mentorship Award
This award will be given to a PAN-eligible published author from GRW who
- Is in good standing in RWA and GRW
- Devotes time to those who are unpublished
- Offers help on a broad range of topics from craft issues to industry questions
- Encourages unpublished authors on the road to publication
- This person has probably done some or all of the following: answer e-mail from unpublished members, present workshops, judge the unpublished Maggie Awards, offer one-on-one critiques, participate in the Gin Ellis workshop, participate in the Q & A before Chapter meetings
The PRO Liaison will give a call for nominations for the Nancy Knight Award at some point 60 days before the annual Moonlight & Magnolias Conference. At this time, nominations are being taken. Please send an e-mail that includes your nominee and an explanation of why you think that person should win this year’s Nancy Knight Mentorship Award. Any general member in good standing may submit a nomination to PROLiaison@GeorgiaRomanceWriters.org
The Nancy Knight award is given at the Maggie Ceremony during the Moonlight and Magnolias Conference after nominations have been made by any member in good standing of both GRW and RWA.